Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 New Year’s Resolutions for Alice the Chow Hound


Ok, so it’s that time of year again.  Is it me or does this get old?  Every year, many of us, think long and hard about what we can do to better ourselves in this next year. (Ok I said many, not all of us, and yes, I fall into the latter category.)  I grimace as I write this with that little nagging voice that says, “but Alice – you need to give it another shot.”  Alas, I will give into the little voice(s) in my head.  2010 here I come; I’m ready.  Well not yet, but I have a few more days to think about it. 

Ok, keep with it Alice, What to do? What to do?  Think, Think Think…Hhhhmmmmmm. Well, since I started working on DogsLifeKC.com with Nicki this year, I certainly have a new focus on dogs and their people.  Perhaps this is where I will find inspiration.  Maybe if I do it for my dog, it won’t be like I am doing it for me.  Maybe I can succeed because no one can give a better pity look that our dog, Tuppence.  She can guilt me into lots of things.  You know what I am talking about.  You just sit down to relax for a couple minutes, and over she comes with her favorite toy and hers eyes drilling a subliminal message into to your head, “Come on, please play with me.  Don’t you love me.” Go ahead, laugh at me, but you are laughing at yourself too.

OK – I got some ideas forming:

1      First, I need to get organized.  Let’s see – one central toy box, one grooming box, leads and collars, and all treats reviewed for healthiness, past due dates or opened too long

2      Assess her exercise routine, oops, maybe a little lacking like mine.  Better think about something that works indoors when it’s too cold out too.

3      Does she need to be trained on anything?  Better make a list.  Some things just need to be reinforced but others will be new.

4      Take a break – this was a lot of thinking.

I think I have a good start.  Will let you know how I do. If you have any pointers, please feel free to share them with me; maybe it will keep me in line.


No comments:

Post a Comment